Friday, July 7, 2017

When you have nothing to do, learn something new!

I literally sat there not knowing what to do. All of my "tasks" for the day were complete. I had no calls for another 90 minutes. So I walked. And it was HOT. At the start of the walk it was 98 degrees and by the time I was done it was 103. I did not take a second walk today. It was just too toasty.

So I filled my day with development opportunities. I started watching a Udemy course regarding the science of motivation. These are the things I do when I have nothing to do. I try to learn so that I can bring something new or different to my team.

I also was working really hard not to create more work for the team. See, it starts out with a little free time. Then I get a great idea, start doing it, and then have to figure out how to delegate to my team so its sustainable in the future. With less than 18 months left doing our job, I am trying to be cognizant and avoid overloading and overextending everyone. I want them to stay as long as possible after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment