Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Completely Unremarkable

Not all days are remarkable.

Have you ever been to or driven past a dairy farm? Rows and rows of cows, lined up in rows. That's how I see cubicle life. Every cow or person in it's place, producing to maximum capacity, if the output isn't good, they are quickly replaced.

Today was another day on a dairy farm. I did my tasks, I completed my duties, but I didn't do much more than that. Everyone is burned out. It's the summer time blues mixed in with impending doom of the closure of our business.

Everyone wants out, or wants to survive to the end, but nobody is really enthused to get work done. I'm not feeling much better, but it is my job to inspire others and model the appropriate behaviors, so work I did.

Today, Wednesday, was my Monday, and it feels like the company was on vacation. It was quiet to say the least. We'll see if there is a change tomorrow, I am not betting on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment